There are a few of bus companies providing transportation between Phnom Penh and the provinces that have better road and connect with Phnom Penh. All buses are air-conditioned and equipped with Video TV. The average travel speed of the buses is about 80 kilometers per hour. Bus stations are mostly located around Phsa Thmey (New Central market) area. For their latest schedule or exact departure time and price, you may contact them directly.
* Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville (Kompong Som)
Departure 5 times per day, from 7:00AM and onward
* Phnom Penh and Battambang
Departure at 7:00AM
Operated by GST
$6.00 per one-way ticket
* Phnom Penh and Takeo
Departure hourly from 7:00AM to 4:00PM
* Phnom Penh and Kompong Cham
Departure hourly from 7:00AM to 3:00PM
* Phnom Penh and Kompong Chhnang
Departure hourly from 6:00AM to 4:00PM
* Phnom Penh and Kompong Speu
Departure hourly from 6:00AM to 5:00PM
* Phnom Penh and Neak Leung
Departure hourly from 6:00AM to 5PM
* Phnom Penh to Kampot
* Phnom Penh to Steung Treng and Mondulkiri
Operated by Hua Lian company
* Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City
Leaving 6:30AM every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Operated by Mekong Express, Ho Wah Genting, Capitol Tour
$12 per one-way ticket
* Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
Leaving 7:30AM and 12:30
Operated by all companies listed below.
$5 per one-way ticket and $9 for Mekong Express Luxury bus
There are eight boat companies currently providing services between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and one boat company operating Phnom Penh to Chau Doc. Since there is limited numbers of passenger travel, boat companies are taking turn to cruise, one company a day. 7:00AM is the departure time and half hour shall be arrived prior to the departure. Ticket shall be bought at least one-day advance for the assured seat but it is also available at location. All boats are equipped with air-conditioner, toilet and Video TV. Enjoy your ride, experience your journey with rooftop and you will have the benefit of spectacular scenery and see the true Cambodian villagers.
* Khemara Express Boat: High Way No 5A In Front of Soksan Club: Tel: 023 430 777
* Soon Ly Boat: Tel: 023 725 797/ 012 728 055
* Channa Boat: Tel: 023 725 788
* Royal Express Boat: Sangkat Sras Chork Khan Daun Penh, Road No 5. Tel: 023 725 538
* Angkor Express Boat: Sisowath Squay International Phnom Penh Port. Tel: 023 426 892
* Rambo Express Boat: Tel: 012 846 818/ 011 876 678
* Mittapheap Boat (Friendship): Tel: 023 880 857/011 876 555
* Hang Chau Boat: Sisowath Squay International Phnom Penh Port. Tel: 012 883 542
Phnom Penh and Siem Reap
* Departure Daily at 7:00AM
* Journey will take about 5-6 hours and it will be extended depend on the water level.
* $25.00 per ticket and you may find cheaper if buy at Travel Agent Phnom Penh and Chau Doc
* Departure Daily at 9:00AM
* Journey will take about 4-5 hours
* Operated by Hang Chau Boat Company
* $15.00 per ticket
Taxis, Motortaxis, Reumork or Cyclo
There are no meter taxis, the taxi costs from 5$-7$ from the 20-50 minutes ride into and within the city center. Cheaper, faster and less comfortable, motorcycle taxis can be hired for $2 in town. For transfer from hotel to airport costs from 8$-10$ per way and you can find it at most hotels and travel agencies near by you.
At the moment, most tourists can find the easy way by taking the REUMORK (Tri-cycle motor) or Cyclo (Tri-cycle) at any where in city with cheap price. Cyclo is charged in cheapest price and it is most used by many tourists who wanted to visit city slowly.
For taxi to province, you can find it around Phsar Thmei (New Central market) or Phsar Deum Ker or at any travel agents.
Train is available only from Phnom Penh to Battambang Province, and depart from Phnom Penh about 5AM or 6AM with travel almost full day.